Masters 2018 is coming forward very fast, and it is just a fortnight away for the tournament to start with a bang. This time viewers and fans would be lucky to watch some new contemporary talents with some mix of the old one. The authorities after long and deep scrutiny came up with top 13 top ranking potential players. This would change the colour of the tournament in the last and final weeks of The Masters.
There will be many names which will bring a lot of surprises, but it may so seem that they did not show an immense twist in their performance. Some of these names are Brooks Koepka, and Hideki Matsuyama who recovered from wrist injuries will be joining the tournament. But to put faith in them is not a very easy task. Needless to say, that Rory McIlroy will be a part of Masters and this would be his fourth Grand Slam.
Masters 2018 Predictions and Picks
Here are some best picks and predictions for Masters Golf 2018.
• Even after controlling till the 67th hole Justin Rose did not win last year. He is still listed in The Masters this year even after being the runner-up in last three years. In last ten years, he was always at the top 25th.
When it comes to close the tournament will he be close to yesteryears Ernie Els?
• After the win in 2015 Jordan Speith was sandwiched by the runners-up. Speith was everybody’s choice but was always the second choice for all. He ranks 163rd in the world, and his struggle in the greens is the main reason for it.
• Justin Thomas is not doing too good in past 16 months except Augusta. It is just the time which matters for him to be the No.1 with a green jacket. One should not forget that he played the tournament only twice, so we still must wait to see his master finish.
• Phil Mickelson had no fewer losses in WGC-Mexico Championship, and at the age of 47, he could only make 6 top international appearances.
Now all must see whether these old hats will come back with their glory for the Green jacket or not
• Jason Day, this Australian master won in his debut in 2011, and from then he continued winning till 2013. Jason’s comeback in Tory Pine in 2017 proved his comeback in a significant way, and thus he is one of the top picks for all Golf Fans.
• Sergio Garcia improved himself a lot in WGC-Mexico Championship. He is one of the most competitive contenders from Vegas. Now all must wait to see as to who will be the owner of the Green Jacket.
• Bubba Watson won in Riviera but still, he is at the 117 World Golf Ranking. It might not be for all, but Augusta is a place where Bubba suits very well.
He is one of that international golfer who has only five top 10s since his success in Riviera in 2016.
• Last week pick of John Rahm was at No.8. John Ram is that Golf personnel who will be able to succeed in Augusta. His consistency made him the top picks for the tournament and is also considered to be eligible.
• Paul Casey’s until last week was at no. 12. He came up to No. 10 after defeating Tiger Woods in Valspar Championship. This British golfer has a masterpiece track record for last three to six years. He is likely to take this Sunday with a major stroke.
• Ricky Fowler is the best bet for all. In spite of his talents and consistent statistics, he has only four wins in his bag and that too in PGA tour.
• Alex Noren was at No. 11 in the last week. He is not all set for Augusta after the first few spells in PGA tour in the first part of the year. He did struggle with a score of 74-78 which is not a smooth ride for sure.
• Tiger Woods was at No 13 in the last week with a runner-up title in Valspar Championship. Those who were scared to bet on him some months ago are feeling comfortable to bet on him at present. Though being in No.1, he was unable to make his position in the major tournaments since 2008. Now winning again will be tough for him but still, in sports, no one can predict.